- “What is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him? You have made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor. You have given him dominion over the works of your hands; you have put all things under his feet” (Psalm 8:4-6).
- “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in time of trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, though its mountains tremble at its swelling” (Psalm 46:1-3).
- “When I am afraid I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?” (Psalm 56:3-4).
- “Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever” (Psalm 73:25-26).
- “As a father shows compassion to his children, so the Lord shows compassion to those who fear him. For he knows our frame, he remembers we are dust” (Psalm 103:13-14).
- “Turn to me and be gracious to me, as is your way with those who love your name. Keep steady my steps according to your promise, and let no iniquity get dominion over me” (Psalm 119:132-133).
- “The Lord is righteous in all his ways and kind in all his works. The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth” (Psalm 145:17-18).
What a prayer putting these passages together makes! They are well worth not only praying, but pondering throughout the day. May you and your loved ones find comfort and strength in the God who cares.