It’s very important to understand the rich, deep nature of the gospel. Here’s 10 basic components of the gospel according to Scripture –
1. The Gospel is an Announcement. The God of Heaven wants to Have a Relationship with Every Human Being (Luke 2:9-14; 1Timothy 2:4).
2. The Gospel is a Person – Jesus Christ. He is the long-awaited Anointed One, King and Savior (Matthew 1:18-25).
3. The Gospel is a Divine Plan / Mission To Save (Ephesians 3:9-11; 2 Timothy 1:9-10; Titus 1:2).
4. The Gospel is an Event. God came to earth as Godman (John 1:1-18; Philippians 2:6-8).
5. The Gospel is an Achievement. Something was accomplished by Jesus’ coming, death on the Cross and resurrection that we could NOT accomplish on our own (Romans 5:1-11; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4).
6. The Gospel is an Offer. It is an offer of grace, forgiveness, salvation, joy and peace in Christ (Ephesians 2:1-18).
7. The Gospel is a Response. It involves the biblical answer to the question, “What must I do to be saved?” (Acts 2:36-47; 16:30-34; 22:16; Romans 6:3-6).
8. The Gospel is a Relationship. It restores, unites and brings us to God (1 Peter 3:18).
9. The Gospel is a Way of Life. See Galatians 2:1-14 and Philippians 1:27.
10. The Gospel is Joyful Exultation and Praise to the God Who made it all possible (Ephesians 1: 6,12,14).