1. Where is God, or where will He be, in our marriage? Will God be missing-inaction? Will He be on the outside looking in? Will God be present, but not in charge? Will He be preeminent in our relationship as we honor marriage as He designed it?
2. Will I seek to act with the gracious character of Jesus even when I think my spouse isn’t?
3. Will the love described in 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 be consistently desired and thoughtfully practiced by both of us in the marriage?
4. Will my spouse and I work together in humility, prayer and with a forgiving spirit to deal with impatience, anger and frustration? How will we deal with issues concerning finances, disagreements, friends and in-laws?
5. Will pride and selfishness be seen and avoided for the incredibly destructive power they have in a marriage?
6. Will we seek that our marriage truly depicts something of the love of Christ for His bride the church?
7. Will we often romance and celebrate the marriage – praising and honoring God for being able to magnify Him together and being filled with gratitude for His goodness and blessing?
8. Will our marriage not merely survive the hard times, but thrive and grow? Will the often quoted vows “for better or for worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health and for as long as we both shall live” hold true?